B'liev it or Not, These Waffles are Protein Packed!
by Callum Allan on Oct 20, 2022
Tired of the same old protein shakes day in and day out? Mix things up with this delicious and easy to follow recipe for protein waffles. All you need is a B'liev protein shake, some flour, and a waffle maker, and you'll be on your way to a delicious and health-conscious breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
Ingredients (makes 2):
-30 grams of flour
-150-200 ml of B'liev protein shake
-1 tablespoon of baking powder
-(optional) caramel/chocolate sauce
-(optional) gluten free flour substitute - xantham gum
- whipped cream
1. Combine the flour and protein powder in a bowl. If you're using a gluten free flour substitute, add the xantham gum at this time as well.
2. Add the baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined. This will help thicken the batter.
3. If you want your waffles to be on the sweeter side, add in a tablespoon or two of your favourite caramel or chocolate sauce. Otherwise, leave this step out.
4. Spray your waffle maker with cooking spray and pour in the batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Plate up your waffles and cover with your favourite toppings. We love maple syrup and berries, but feel free to get creative! Whipped cream also goes great with these waffles if you're looking for an extra indulgent treat. Enjoy!
Who says healthy has to be boring? With this recipe for protein packed waffles, you can have your (protein) cake and eat it too! Whether you're looking for a nutritious breakfast to power your day or a post-workout snack to replenish your muscles, these waffles will do the trick. And they're so easy to make, you'll wonder why you didn't try them sooner!